So, I managed to get tickets for Glastonbury 2014, which I am extremely excited for, especially hearing rumours of the line up which are David Bowie and more.
I’ve been to Leeds Fest for 4 years running now, and by now you’d think i’d learn from my mistakes of brining too much stuff, or too little, or no warm clothes…well I havent.
So, i’m going to give you a few tips on how to survive a festival:
1. Always bring a warm jacket, no matter the weather. It will ALWAYS be cold on a night/early morning. This also applies for a waterproof as it isn’t fun getting wet!
2. Bring a waterproof tent!! Last year, I made the mistake of going for looks rather than comfort. I bought a nice little flowery tent, little did I know my clothes would be swimming in water in a few days time..not fun!
3. Bring snacks, food is always expensive at festivals, in or out the arena, so pot noodles and easy things like that is an essential.
4. Aswell as the food being expensive, alcohol is also, so bring plenty but of course as it’s not fun running out on the last day, don’t forget the plastic bottles! With only being to Leeds, I was always made to put all liquid in plastic bottles as glass isn’t allowed and will get it taken off you. So always remember to pre mix your drink or put it all in plastic bottles!
5. Wellies is the most essential thing you could every bring, whether rain or shine you always need comfortable wellies! And along with wellies come plasters!! Blisters are an absolute nightmare having to walk about all day.
6. A camp chair may be needed if you are planning on sitting around your camp day/night, but always put it in your tent before you go to bed or go to various dance tents, as you will return with an empty camp, or with a giant puddle on your chair!
7. A bum bag, which has only just come back in fashion this year! But, having to carry a bag around while seeing different acts isn’t fun, also getting searched everytime you enter the arena isn’t fun either, so a bum bag or something very similar is a good idea!
Let me know if you have any other idea’s of surviving a festival!